This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.
Get Up and Go Mocha Breakfast Smoothie ~ The smoothie recipe I’ve brought you today is my version of a grown up breakfast smoothie – and one that I think is perfect to whip up in the blender and run out the door with on a busy morning. Not only are you getting your healthy breakfast – but you’re getting your coffee too!
One of the things that American Family Insurance has teamed up with the Sunday Supper team to do, is bring you recipes to help your family get healthy. Whether it is recipes for the family on the go, recipes to help you get fit, or maybe recipes for being healthy while pinching pennies, the team has brought you recipes to help you be healthy!
One of the things that I personally have been doing lately is making homemade smoothies. I do this for a couple of reasons. First of all, when you make them yourself, you know what is in them. Secondly, I have a hard time getting enough fruit in my daily diet, and this is a great way to do it. And third…they’re yummy!
To begin, you’ll need a cup and a half of cold coffee. I will make this the evening before and just stick in the fridge so that it is ready for me in the morning.
Next you’ll need 2 frozen, peeled bananas. I keep some peeled bananas in a zip-lock back in the freezer for this very reason.
Place these in your blender and add in a half cup of rolled oats.
a quarter cup of milk (whatever kind you like), a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa.
and a tablespoon or two of local honey.
If you use protein powders in your smoothies, add a scoop now.
Blend these together until smooth.
Pour it in a “to go” container and get on with your day.
- “Your mocha breakfast smoothie came at the perfect time! I just bought some Arbonne protein shake mix to try to jumpstart my weightloss. I am replacing 2 meals a day with them. They can get boring! LOL I had pinned a bunch of smoothie recipes to try to help (Snickerdoodle is pretty awesome). Your mocha smoothie is PERFECT for my breakfast! No more double fisting my smoothie and coffee. LOL And the oatmeal helps me feel full like a full meal. Thanks!!”
- 1½ cup strong, cold coffee
- 2 peeled & frozen bananas
- ½ c rolled oats
- ¼ c milk
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 or 2 Tb local honey (to taste)
- protein powder if desired
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a "to go" container and get on with your day.
American Family Insurance is the champion of dreams. Connecting with others through Twitter, Facebook and more to not just inspire, but to encourage the pursuit of dreams.
Connect with American Family Insurance to get tools and tips, inspiration and encouragement as you #ChooseDreams. Share your stories and join the community of dreamers.
Join American Family Insurance for more great recipes on their Health & Fitness #ChooseDreams Pinterest board. You can also connect with them via their Website, Linkedin, Youtube, Google+, Twitter, Facebook and their Pinterest Account.
Get Up and Go Power Breakfasts
- Get Up and Go Mocha Breakfast Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Avocado Tomato and Feta Toast with Poached Eggs by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie by The Messy Baker
Salads and Healthy Snacks
- Cherry Kale Panzanella by Jelly Toast
- Watermelon Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing by Runner’s Tales
- Southwestern Chicken Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars by Magnolia Days
Healthy Fit Lifestyle Dinners
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer Salsa by Foxes Love Lemons
- Blueberry Pork Chops by MealDiva
- Individual Grilled Veggie Pizzas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Almond Cashew Chicken by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Quinoa Bowls with Grilled Vegetables and Corn Salsa by Ruffles & Truffles
- Sesame Chicken and Vegetable Pasta by Momma’s Meals
- Spiced Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Chicken Spinach Quinoa and Brown Rice by Family Foodie
- Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Popsicles by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry Quinoa Cobbler by Run DMT