You’ll score a touchdown with these Nacho Waffle Fries on your appetizer table!
This easy appetizer starts with a bag of store-bought frozen waffle fries. You can use traditional or sweet potato ones if you like. Bake them according to package directions, but line the baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
While the fries are baking, saute 1/2 pound of bulk chorizo sausage until browned, crumbling it with your spoon as it cooks.
When it is cooked, spoon it onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
Shred 4 ounces of sharp cheddar or Colby cheese.
As soon as the waffle fries are done baking, sprinkle the chorizo and cheese over the top of the fries. Pop them back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
Immediately transfer the fries to a heated platter.
Sprinkle some sliced green onion over the top.
Serve these with guacamole, sour cream and salsa if you like.
When I made these for my family, my son’s reaction upon seeing them was, “That looks like something from a restaurant.”
His second reaction? “When are you making them again?”
Need more Super Football Recipe Inspiration? Check out all of these amazing dishes to feed your famished fans!
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- 1 package frozen waffle fries (traditional or sweet potato)
- 1/2 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 4 oz sharp cheddar or colby cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- sour cream
- To begin, bake the waffle fries according to package directions, but line the baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- While the fries are baking, saute the chorizo sausage until browned, crumbling it with your spoon as it cooks.
- When it is done, spoon it onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
- As soon as the waffle fries are done baking, sprinkle the chorizo and shredded cheese over the top of the fries. Pop them back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Immediately transfer the fries to a heated platter.
- Sprinkle some sliced green onion over the top.
- Serve these with guacamole, sour cream and salsa if you like.