In our house we enjoy having traditionally “breakfast” dishes for dinner. Last week, I made these for the family.
To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine 6 eggs
2 1/4 c whole Milk
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, and some salt & pepper. Whisk this all together, and set aside.
Cut a loaf of French bread into about 1/2-3/4 inch cubes. Layer those in the bottom of 6 – 4 inch ramekins, that have been placed on a baking sheet.
Top the bread with diced ham. This is a great way to use leftover ham, or you can just get some from the deli.
On top of that, place diced cheddar cheese.
Finish it off by slowly pouring or spooning your egg mixture into the ramekins.
Bake these for about 25 minutes or until they are puffy and set.
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut into cubes
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Using 6 - 4 inch ramekins on a baking sheet, layer the bread cubes in the bottom filling the ramekins about 1/2 way.
- You probably will not need the whole loaf.
- Add the diced ham, then the diced cheese, dividing evenly between each of the ramekins.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture over the filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until puffy and set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 271mg Sodium: 1332mg Carbohydrates: 47g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 39g