Pizza Stew is a fun supper to make, taking the flavors of a pizza and making them into a quick & easy stew.
Today I decided to do something a little different. Instead of the usual step-by-step photos, I decided to make you a little video of the stew being made. I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 ounces small to medium pasta
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup pepperoni, diced or julienned
- shredded Parmesan for serving
- To begin, start a medium pot of water to cook your pasta in.
- In a Dutch oven, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Toss in the pepper and onion. Cook until these are tender and the onion is just starting to get golden on the edges.
- Add in the ground chicken. Break it up and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Stir all together. Cover and simmer on low heat.
- Cook the pasta to al denta while the stew simmers.
- Add the cooked pasta to the stew, stir.
- Serve the stew topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, and some nice bread if you like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 98mg Sodium: 1192mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 25g