Treat your loved one to this beautiful Italian pork roast for your next special occasion dinner… or any dinner for that matter. This Porchetta is a juicy pork tenderloin slathered in herbs, wrapped in bacon and roasted to perfection.
This Porchetta recipe is stunning to look at, and yet so simple to make. With only 5 minutes of prep time before popping it into the oven, you’ll have plenty of time to spare.
A slathering that includes orange zest, fennel seeds and rosemary starts this off right.
Bacon wraps around it like a warm hug. Can you get any better than this?
I know this is more than a meal for two, but I can’t think of anything better than having a delicious roast like this for supper…and leftovers for lunch the next day. Now that’s a special treat in my book.
- 1 Tb fennel seeds, chopped
- 1 Tb rosemary, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of one orange
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ lb pork tenderloin
- 5 slices bacon
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small dish, combine the chopped fennel seeds and rosemary, minced garlic, the salt and pepper, the orange zest and the extra virgin olive oil. Stir this together into a soft paste.
- Place your pork tenderloin in a baking dish. Slather the herb paste all over the top of the tenderloin.
- Lay the bacon slices across the tenderloin, tucking the ends underneath.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees for medium.
- Remove the roast to a platter and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Need some more date night inspiration? Here’s a great collection of special occasion or date night dishes to choose from:
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Marsala by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Classic Coq Au Vin for Two by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamy Parmesan Skillet Eggs by The Texan New Yorker
- Date Night Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry by Gourmet Every Day
- Orange Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Salsa Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Chicken and Spinach Pasta with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce by Pook’s Pantry
- One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Scallop Pasta with Garlic and White Wine by Caroline’s Cooking
- Skillet Rigatoni alla Vodka for Two by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Roast Pork Loin with Plum Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Red Meat Recipes
- Filet Mignon with Shiitake Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- French Onion Filet Mignon by The Chef Next Door
- Mini Mushroom Meatloaf by Cricket’s Confections
- Mushroom Topped Pepper Steak for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Dinner for Two by Life Tastes Good
- Petit Filet with Red Wine Pan Sauce & Garlic Mash by Authentically Candace
- Rack of Lamb with Strawberry Mint Glaze by Sunday Supper Movement
- Steak Au Poivre by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Salmon with Ginger Marinade by Feeding Big
- Crab Caesar Salad by What Smells So Good?
- Crab Imperial by Monica’s Table
- Creamy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet by Crazed Mom
- Grilled Swordfish with Husk Cherry Salsa by From the Bookshelf
- Peppadew Trout en Croûte by Food Lust People Love
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Surf and Turf for Two by The Freshman Cook
- Colorful Matchstick Salad with Mint Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Curried Split Peas by Wholistic Woman
- Edamame Waldorf Salad by Ninja Baker
- Saffron and Leek Risotto – Served 2 Ways by Sprinkles and Sprouts