Treat your loved one to this beautiful Italian pork roast for your next special occasion dinner… or any dinner for that matter. This Porchetta is a juicy pork tenderloin slathered in herbs, wrapped in bacon and roasted to perfection.
This Porchetta recipe is stunning to look at, and yet so simple to make. With only 5 minutes of prep time before popping it into the oven, you’ll have plenty of time to spare.
A slathering that includes orange zest, fennel seeds and rosemary starts this off right.
Bacon wraps around it like a warm hug. Can you get any better than this?
I know this is more than a meal for two, but I can’t think of anything better than having a delicious roast like this for supper…and leftovers for lunch the next day. Now that’s a special treat in my book.
- 1 Tb fennel seeds, chopped
- 1 Tb rosemary, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin
- 5 slices bacon
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small dish, combine the chopped fennel seeds and rosemary, minced garlic, the salt and pepper, the orange zest and the extra virgin olive oil. Stir this together into a soft paste.
- Place your pork tenderloin in a baking dish. Slather the herb paste all over the top of the tenderloin.
- Lay the bacon slices across the tenderloin, tucking the ends underneath.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees for medium.
- Remove the roast to a platter and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 462mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.