Melt in your mouth Pork Ragu from your slow cooker is rich and satisfying.
To begin, dice 2 medium carrots and a medium sized onion. Place them in your slow cooker.
Cut a 1 1/2 pound pork loin into 6 sections. Place them in the slow cooker.
Add in 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 4 cloves of grated or finely minced garlic, 1 teaspoon each of oregano and thyme and 1/2 teaspoon each of crushed rosemary, sea salt and black pepper.
Add in 15 ounces of fire-roasted diced tomatoes. Stir this all together. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. When it is nearly done, cook 3/4 pound of long pasta such as fusilli, linguine, fettuccine or spaghetti.
Shred the pork with two forks and spoon the ragu over the pasta.
Top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1½ lb pork loin
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 Tb tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp crushed rosemary
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ¾ lb long pasta (fusilli, linguine, fettuccine, spaghetti) cooked according to package directions
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- To begin, dice the carrots and onion. Place them in your slow cooker.
- Cut the pork into 6 sections. Place them in the slow cooker.
- Add in the tomato paste, garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, sea salt, black pepper and diced tomatoes. Stir this all together.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- When it is nearly done, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Shred the pork with two forks and spoon the ragu over the pasta.
- Top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Monday – Chicken Salad Lettuce Leaf Wraps with Roasted New Potatoes, Fennel and Olives by Dandelion Greens
Tuesday – Slow Cooker Pork Ragu by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Wednesday – Pullapart Pizza Bread by Our Good Life
Thursday – Enchiladas de Chile Ajo by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Friday – Chicken Salad with Labneh in Melon by Whole Food | Real Families