Enjoy this savory pumpkin chicken dish with the warm flavor of curry. This recipe is Keto & Paleo friendly.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make this Recipe You will Need:
- chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- extra virgin olive oil
- pumpkin, canned
- coconut milk
- curry powder
- black pepper
- lime juice
- rice or cauliflower rice for serving
Watch me make this recipe in the video below:
To begin, sauté cubed chicken with extra virgin olive oil in a pot until the chicken is opaque.
Scoop the chicken out to a dish, and sauté the sliced onion until it is just tender.
Add in minced garlic, let that cook for just a minute.
Add in pumpkin, coconut milk, water, curry powder, ginger, salt, black pepper, spinach and lime juice, along with the cooked chicken.
Bring this to a gentle simmer and cook until the spinach is cooked through.
Serve with cooked rice or cauliflower rice to make this Keto & Paleo-friendly.
Pumpkin Curry Chicken
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c pumpkin, solid packed, canned
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1/2 c water
- 1 Tb curry powder
- 1 Tb ginger, fresh grated, or 1/4 tsp dry, ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 c spinach, frozen, chopped
- 2 Tb lime juice
- cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- To begin, sauté the chicken with the oil in a pot until the chicken is opaque.
- Scoop the chicken out to a dish, and saute the sliced onion until it is just tender.
- Add in the garlic, let those cook for just a minute.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, along with the cooked chicken.
- Bring this to a gentle simmer and cook until the spinach is cooked through.
- Serve with cooked rice or cauliflower rice (for keto & paleo-friendly).
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.