The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
This weekend we are being joined by Land O’Lakes for Sunday Supper. Land O’Lakes has a brought something new to the dairy aisle called Sauté Express® Sauté Starter – which comes in a variety flavors: Garlic & Herb, Lemon Pepper, Savory Butter and Olive Oil, and Italian Herb. They have enlisted us to come up with some recipe creations featuring their new goody – and I think you’ll love what we have to share! Every dish we have come up with, is designed to make your weeknight suppers stress-free and delicious!
Each variation of the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter combines butter, olive oil and seasoning to suit the needs of your recipe.
Today, I am using the Lemon Pepper one to make a quick and simple pasta dish. This dish doesn’t have a heavy sauce, it uses a combination of a little chicken broth and all of the lovely flavor you develop in your skillet as you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Start to finish, this can be on your table in about 25 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight supper!
To begin, start a pot of salted water for pasta to cook while you do the rest. You’ll be cooking about 3/4 lb of shell pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and toss in two of the cubes of starter. Sauté 4 thin chicken breast fillets in the butter until browned on each side, and just cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, dice up about 1/2 cup of red onion, and 4 ounces of pancetta.
Mince 2 cloves of garlic.
Place the chicken on a cutting board when it is cooked through.
Toss the onion, garlic and pancetta into the skillet.
Sauté them until tender and beautiful. While they are cooking, cut up the chicken.
Aren’t these just beautiful?
Toss the chicken back into the skillet. Pour in 1 cup of chicken broth.
Then stir in a cup of fresh or frozen peas. Let these all simmer together for a couple minutes until the peas are just done.
Toss the pasta together with the contents of the skillet in a serving dish. Sprinkle on some grated parmesan cheese and a tablespoon of parsley.
The Sunday Supper contributors have come up with all sorts of other recipes as well using the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. Check them out and see which one you want to make tonight!
Sauté Express® Chicken Recipes:
Chicken Florentine Pasta by Supper for a Steal
Creamy Lemon-Chicken w/ Artichokes by girlichef
Chicken Parm Tenders over Spinach & Orzo by Momma’s Meals
Sizzling Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry with Almond Cilantro Rice by Mama.Mommy.Mom
Garlic and Herb Chicken Fettuccine by in the Kitchen with KP
Italian Chicken Pasta Wrap by Big Bears Wife
Creamy Parmesan Pasta with Chicken & Mushrooms by The Messy Baker
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas by That Skinny Chick can bake
Garlic and Herb Chicken Pasta Toss by Ruffles & Truffles
Sauté Express® Fish and Seafood Recipes:
Easy Italian Herb Shrimp Pilaf by Daily Dish Recipes
Crabmeat stuffed Flounder Roulades by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Cod Fillet with Lemon Pepper Ginger Sauce by Kimchi Mom
Herb Lemon Butter Tilapia with Sauted Veggies by Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends
Blackened Tilapia Po’ Boys by Juanita’s Cocina
Tomato-Basil Shrimp with Orzo and Feta by The Weekend Gourmet
Sauté Express® Ham and Pork Recipes:
Ham and Vegetable Frittata by Magnolia Days
Skillet Lemon Pepper Pork and Orzo by Family Foodie
- ¾ lb Pasta Shells
- 2 cubes of Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- 4 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 1 small red onion, diced (1/2 c)
- 4 ounces Pancetta, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen Peas
- 1 tsp dry Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese (1/3 cup or so)
- To begin, start a pot of water for the pasta. Cook the pasta while the rest is being prepared.
- Heat the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter in a large skillet, over medium heat. Begin cooking the chicken. Meanwhile chop the onion, Pancetta and mince the garlic. Brown the chicken on both sides, and then set it aside on a cutting board. Toss the onion, garlic and pancetta into the same skillet, and let it begin sautéing. Meanwhile, cut the chicken up into 1 inch pieces.
- When the onions are tender, return the chicken and add the broth.. Allow it to begin simmering, and add the peas. Simmer about 5 minutes, until the peas are just cooked.
- Toss the skillet contents together with the cooked pasta and place it all in a serving bowl. Sprinkle it with parmesan cheese and the parsley.