Soppressata Puffs are the perfect heavy appetizer for your next get together.
The best thing about these, is they only look fancy, but are incredibly easy to make.
A slathering Dijon mustard, delicately flavorful Soppressata and then Swiss cheese all baked together inside a gorgeous crust of puffed pastry.
Just look at this gorgeous thing!
Simply cut it into squares and serve to your expectant guests.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
- 1 package frozen puffed pastry dough, thawed (2 sheets)
- 12 - 3.5 inch slices Soppressata (or hard salami if you can't find it)
- 5 slices Swiss cheese (or 4 oz. shredded Swiss cheese)
- 2 Tb Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 Tb water
- To begin, place a sheet of the pastry dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread the mustard all over the pastry dough, stopping and inch or so from the edge.
- Layer the Soppressata in three rows, overlapping across the dough, again leaving an inch of space at the edge.
- Top with the Swiss cheese slices (or shredded cheese.)
- Beat the egg and water together in a small bowl. Brush the egg wash on the inch of exposed edge of the dough around the sides.
- Place the second sheet of dough over the top. Gently press the edges together with your fingers.
- Slide the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper, and onto a baking sheet. Stick in in your fridge and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Take the chilled puff from the fridge. With a sharp knife, cut 3 slits in the center of the dough, and a diagonal.
- Brush the top with additional egg wash, making certain it doesn't pool in the slits. Otherwise it will seal the "vents" shut.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into squares with a pizza cutter. I normally cut it into 9 or 16 squares, depending upon how many I want to make. Smaller squares will be more finger food friendly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 324mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.