Soppressata Puffs are the perfect heavy appetizer for your next get together.
The best thing about these, is they only look fancy, but are incredibly easy to make.
A slathering Dijon mustard, delicately flavorful Soppressata and then Swiss cheese all baked together inside a gorgeous crust of puffed pastry.
Just look at this gorgeous thing!
Simply cut it into squares and serve to your expectant guests.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 1 package frozen puffed pastry dough, thawed (2 sheets)
- 12 - 3.5 inch slices Soppressata (or hard salami if you can't find it)
- 5 slices Swiss cheese (or 4 oz. shredded Swiss cheese)
- 2 Tb Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 Tb water
- To begin, place a sheet of the pastry dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread the mustard all over the pastry dough, stopping and inch or so from the edge.
- Layer the Soppressata in three rows, overlapping across the dough, again leaving an inch of space at the edge.
- Top with the Swiss cheese slices (or shredded cheese.)
- Beat the egg and water together in a small bowl. Brush the egg wash on the inch of exposed edge of the dough around the sides.
- Place the second sheet of dough over the top. Gently press the edges together with your fingers.
- Slide the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper, and onto a baking sheet. Stick in in your fridge and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Take the chilled puff from the fridge. With a sharp knife, cut 3 slits in the center of the dough, and a diagonal.
- Brush the top with additional egg wash, making certain it doesn't pool in the slits. Otherwise it will seal the "vents" shut.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into squares with a pizza cutter. I normally cut it into 9 or 16 squares, depending upon how many I want to make. Smaller squares will be more finger food friendly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 324mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.