Super easy corn salad that will surprise you!
Sometimes you come across a recipe that is so simple, or the ingredients are so odd, that you simply dismiss it with no intention of ever making it. Well, this would be one of those recipes had I not tasted it before ever laying eyes on the recipe.
Last summer, I was at a friend’s for a barbecue and this salad was there. I loved it and so did my husband. I asked the lady who brought it for the recipe and when I looked at it, my reaction was – “Really?” Yep. Really!
How to Make Corn Salad
To begin, drain three 15 ounce cans of whole kernel corn.
Finely dice half of a red bell pepper.
Finely dice half a cup of red onion.
And you’ll need 1 cup of mayonnaise.
Combine those and a teaspoon of pepper and half teaspoon of salt in a bowl.
Shred a cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Add it to the bowl.
Add in your drained corn and stir it all together until combined.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. When you are ready to serve it, you can optionally top it with some crushed corn chips (like Fritos). That is how the lady made it, but I’m not a fan of corn chips in my food.
Have you ever seen anything so simple?
Super Simple Corn Salad
- 3 cans whole kernel corn, 15 ounce each, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 c red onion, finely diced
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c crushed corn chips, (Optional) like Fritos
- Combine everything except the chips in a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, top with the crushed corn chips if you like.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.