A creamy and delicious winter soup, one that your family will love.
There are as many kinds of white chili recipes in the world as there are leaves on a tree, from chicken versions to vegetarian. This particular version utilizes rabbit meat. You’ll love the smooth flavor and zip in this soup, and it will warm you up on a cold night.
- 2 c cubed rabbit meat
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 Tb flour
- 3 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 can, 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and minced
- 3 cans, 14.5 ounce each great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- shredded Monterrey jack or white cheddar cheese for topping
- To begin, in your Dutch oven, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Toss in the rabbit and cook until it is opaque.
- When it is opaque, scoop the rabbit out with a slotted spoon and set it aside in a dish.
- Toss your onion & garlic in the pot into the drippings and cook until tender and lightly golden.
- When your onion and garlic are golden, reduce your heat to low and sprinkle in the flour, stir to coat.
- Add in the cayenne pepper, oregano and cumin. Stir that into the onions and garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth, green chilies, jalapeno, beans, rabbit, salt and peppers.
- Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the rabbit is cooked through and tender.
- Serve topped with the shredded cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 795mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 29g
Shop this Post:
You May Also Like:
- White Chicken Chili
- Jerked Chicken Chili
- Caribou Andouille Chili
- Chunky Chicken Chili
- Skillet Cornbread
- Tex-Mex Black Bean Chowder