A creamy and delicious winter soup, one that your family will love.
There are as many kinds of white chili recipes in the world as there are leaves on a tree, from chicken versions to vegetarian. This particular version utilizes rabbit meat. You’ll love the smooth flavor and zip in this soup, and it will warm you up on a cold night.
- 2 c cubed rabbit meat
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 Tb flour
- 3 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 can, 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and minced
- 3 cans, 14.5 ounce each great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- shredded Monterrey jack or white cheddar cheese for topping
- To begin, in your Dutch oven, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Toss in the rabbit and cook until it is opaque.
- When it is opaque, scoop the rabbit out with a slotted spoon and set it aside in a dish.
- Toss your onion & garlic in the pot into the drippings and cook until tender and lightly golden.
- When your onion and garlic are golden, reduce your heat to low and sprinkle in the flour, stir to coat.
- Add in the cayenne pepper, oregano and cumin. Stir that into the onions and garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth, green chilies, jalapeno, beans, rabbit, salt and peppers.
- Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the rabbit is cooked through and tender.
- Serve topped with the shredded cheese.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 273 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 73mg Sodium 795mg Carbohydrates 15g Fiber 3g Sugar 3g Protein 29g
Shop this Post:
You May Also Like:
- White Chicken Chili
- Jerked Chicken Chili
- Caribou Andouille Chili
- Chunky Chicken Chili
- Skillet Cornbread
- Tex-Mex Black Bean Chowder