Limoncello cookies are airy and lightly sweet with a hint of lemon flavor. They are the perfect spring or summer cookie.
Limoncello is one of my newer favorite liqueurs. This Italian creation is so fresh and summery, I am always looking for ways to use it. So when I recently brought a bottle home from the store, these cookies were the first thing I made. Once you try them, you’ll know why!
They start off as simple drop cookies, dough you just scoop onto the cookie sheet and bake.
Then you whisk together an easy glaze, with more of that heavenly limoncello.
Brush it over the tops of the cooled cookies.
Little clouds of lemony goodness right there.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick (1/2 c) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ Tb limoncello liqueur
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- For the Glaze:
- 2 Tb limoncello liqueur
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir to combined. Set that aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until they are nice and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and ricotta cheese, beating until fluffy again.
- Add in the vanilla, limoncello and lemon juice, mix until combined.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix until just combined and smooth.
- Scoop the dough onto a parchment paper lined cookies sheet or stone by tablespoons about an inch and a half apart.
- Bake these for 9-11 minutes or until just slightly golden on the edges.
- Slide the parchment paper with the cookies onto a cooling rack and let them cool for 2 minutes before removing them from the paper to finish cooling.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
- Once the cookies are all baked and cooled, whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth. Brush the cookies with the glaze.
This recipe was also shared at Southern Plate’s Meal Plan Monday