Apple season is just around the corner and here is a great way for you to enjoy them. I combined two of my favorite things – waffles and apple fritters to create these apple fritter waffles.
In a bowl, combine 1 3/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and baking soda, a tablespoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Stir these together to combine. Set aside for now.
Break 3 eggs into your mixing bowl.
Add in a cup and a half of buttermilk.
Add a teaspoon and a half of vanilla extract.
And finally add in a half cup of brown sugar. Beat those together until the eggs are completely mixed into the buttermilk.
Mix the dry ingredients into your milk mixture until smooth.
Finally add in a cup of shredded or finely diced apple. Fold the apples into the batter.
Cook the waffle batter according to your waffle maker instructions. This recipe will make 7-8 eight inch Belgian waffles.
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tb baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded or finely diced apple
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir these together to combine. Set aside for now.
- Break the eggs into your mixing bowl. Add in the buttermilk, vanilla & brown sugar. Beat those together until the eggs are completely mixed into the buttermilk.
- Mix the dry ingredients into your milk mixture until smooth. Add in the apple and fold them into the batter.
- Cook the waffle batter according to your waffle maker instructions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 603mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 7g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.