Mocha Latte Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect way to treat your family.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c baking cocoa
- 5 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 Tb baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c plain applesauce
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 1 c chocolate chips
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking cocoa. instant espresso powder, baking powder and salt. Stir these together and set the bowl aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the applesauce, extra virgin olive oil, sugars and vanilla. Mix those together.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing each in completely.
- To your mixing bowl, add half of the flour mixture. Mix it in completely. Then pour in half of the milk, the remaining flour mixture and remaining milk. Mix each in completely before adding the next.
- Scrape around the bowl with a rubber scraper to be sure everything is mixed in. Add in the chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- Scoop the batter out into 2 muffin pans that have been lined with papers. This will make 18 muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins test done when tested with a wooden toothpick.
- Carefully remove the hot muffins to a rack and let them cool. Serve these muffins warm or room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.