I happen to have a love affair with this thing called Nutella. Maybe you’ve heard of it – chocolate and hazelnut heaven in a jar. Oh yeah. You know it. This no-bake Nutella Cream Pie is simple to make and simply delicious.
I recently made this dessert for friends. The entire thing vanished before the night was over. I made another one a few days later so I could photograph it and share it with you. That time I treated my husband’s office to the dessert.
It starts with pulverized cookies and butter for the crust.
And the the pie itself? Cream cheese, whipping cream and Nutella for starters.
Lordy, lordy. It’s all I can do to stick this in the fridge and let it chill. I just want to dive in with a spoon already!
Make this pie for your family. Make it for your friends. Or heck, make it for yourself and dig in while you watch a movie in your pajamas.
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
- ¼ c unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz. each) blocks of cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ c fine sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp hazelnut extract
- ½ c Nutella
- ½ c heavy whipping cream
- To prepare the crust, pulverize the cookies in your food processor until they are crumbs. Stir them in a bowl with the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate, pressing it firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of the plate. I find it easiest to do this by using my hand, inside a plastic sandwich bag.
- Set the crust in your freezer to chill while you prepare the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla & hazelnut extracts and the Nutella. Beat until combined.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and beat slowly until the liquid is mixed in. Then beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes until it is nice and thick.
- Gently spoon the mixture into your crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the pie until it is set, at least 3 hours.
For the cookie crust, I used chocolate and chocolate sandwich cookies made by Newman's Own. You can use Oreo's or any other brand you like. Try it with peanut butter cookies too!