Peanut Butter Bars are a yummy snack for on the go – soft and chewy like a peanut butter brownie.
This week the Sunday Supper theme is Picnic! With the weather warming up, we’re turning our hearts towards the outdoors and sharing recipes for those meals on the go so that we can enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. I’ve shared these yummy peanut butter bars for a great picnic shack.
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In your mixing bowl, beat 4 eggs until airy.
Add in 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter and a cup of peanut butter. Beat those with the eggs until fluffy. Add in 2 cups of brown sugar and again beat until fluffy.
Mix in 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
Add in 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix until combined.
Spread the thick dough into an oiled 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until it tests done in the center with a toothpick.
Cool on a rack until room temperature, and then cut into bars.
- 4 eggs
- ½ c unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c peanut butter
- 2 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ c all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the eggs until airy.
- Add in the butter and peanut butter and beat until fluffy.
- Add in the brown sugar and vanilla and again, beat until fluffy.
- Add in the flour & salt and mix until combined.
- Spread the dough into an oiled 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until they test done in the center with a toothpick.
- Cool on a rack until room temperature.
- Cut into bars.
- Caprese Skewers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa with Southwest Style Chips by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Dip, with Greek Yogurt by Casa de Crews
- Mediterranean Spiced Hummus by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Pepperoni Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Watermelon Salad by annaDishes
- Blackberry Lemonade by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Mojito Mocktails by NeighborFood
- Grandma’s Stuff by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Minty Cardinal Punch by Food Lust People Love
- Pineapple Ginger Lemonade Spiked with Turmeric by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sangria Punch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade by Noshing With The Nolands
- Avocado Sriracha Egg Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Barbecue Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Boneless Chicken Wings by Nosh My Way
- Burger Ice Cream by Brunch with Joy
- Chicken Salad Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Spanish tortilla by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Salad by Flour On My Face
- Buffalo Macaroni Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Couscous Veggie Salad with Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Granola Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Style Asparagus Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- No Mayo Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Tangy Brussels Coleslaw with Fennel, Chopped Apples and Golden Raisins by Simply Healthy Family
Soups and Salads:
- Barley and Rice Salad by Family Foodie
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Dried Cranberries by Food Done Light
- Layered Mason Jar Pasta Salad for Two by The Weekend Gourmet
- Smoked Turkey Salad by Our Good Life
- Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Nicoise Salad by The Petit Gourmet
- Bacon-Bulleit Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fudgey Coca Cola Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Earth Day Cupcakes by Savory Experiments
- Gluten Free Cookie Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Lime Pound Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Lemon Yuzu Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Lemon Chess Pies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- No-Bake Cookie Butter Chex Mix Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Peanut Butter Bars by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peanut Butter Carob Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sourdough Chunk Cookies by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.