Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and you can treat your sweetheart to these delicious Chocolate Pancakes, paired with Ghirardelli chocolates and Josh Cellars wine. It’s a perfect way to show your honey how much you love them!
This post sponsored by the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company and Josh Cellars Wine. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
You can find these delicious Ghirardelli chocolates at any Walmart near you, just like I found these here. I mean who can go wrong with dark chocolate and strawberry?!
And I can’t think of a better way to show “I love you” than a plate of warm, chocolate pancakes with these adorable little chocolates on the side.
Of course, this being a very special day, you can’t forget the wine to go with the chocolate! I recommend a rich red Cabernet Sauvignon from Josh Cellars.
How romantic is this!?
After all, today is all about the one you love.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c baking cocoa
- 2 c milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- To begin, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt & cocoa in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, egg and oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and beat until smooth.
- Heat your griddle to medium heat (about 300 degrees) and lightly spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Measure out the pancake batter by quarter cups, giving several inches of space in between them.
- Cook them until the top of the pancakes begins to lightly bubble and look dry around the edges.
- Turn them over and cook another 2-3 minutes or until the pancakes are lightly browned.
- Serve these with powdered sugar or syrup as you choose.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.