This zesty cranberry barbecue sauce is one of the best ways to use up leftover holiday cranberry sauce. You’ll want to make this all year long.
This barbecue sauce can be made from homemade or store bought cranberry sauce, and both jellied or whole berry.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make Cranberry Barbecue Sauce you will need:
- cranberry sauce
- mustard (yellow or Dijon)
- apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- honey or brown sugar
- black pepper
- chili powder
- chipotle chili powder
- sauce pan
- immersion blender
Watch me make this recipe in the video below
To begin, you’ll combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, mustard in a sauce pan.
Along with apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, chili powder and chipotle chili powder.
Heat over medium low heat to a simmer. Let the mixture simmer about 5 minutes.
Give the sauce a taste and add brown sugar or honey to taste.
If your cranberry sauce had whole berries in it, puree the sauce in a blender or use an immersion blender.
Store in your refrigerator.
Cranberry Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 c cranberry sauce
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard, yellow or Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 c brown sugar or honey, to taste, optional
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients except the honey or brown sugar in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium low heat to a simmer. Let the mixture simmer about 5 minutes.
- Give the sauce a taste and add brown sugar or honey to taste.
- Store in your refrigerator.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.