How to make homemade Vinaigrette – a quick and easy dressing for your salad.
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid® all opinions are my own.
Every day when my husband goes to work, he packs a lunch in his lunch cooler to enjoy during the work day. Some days he takes just his lunch, and some days he takes both a lunch and a mid-day snack.
One of the challenges of doing this, is keeping things tidy and properly stored in his lunch cooler so as to not have a leaky mess or to have certain foods all mixed together, especially salads. Have you ever packed a salad? Your croutons get mushy, and things tend to turn into a big blob.
Today I’m happy to say that we have the perfect solution for him, and that’s the new Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack set.
Rubbermaid’s BRILLIANCE Snack & Salad Set has all the features that you are looking for.
- It’s BPA free, dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe.
- The crystal clear, ultra-durable Tritan material it is made of is stain resistant and stays odor-free as well.
- With 9 different pieces, this set is completely customizable to your needs with dividers and even a sauce/dressing jar and a spot for it to sit!
They really thought of everything. And have I mentioned that the outer containers are 100% leak-proof guaranteed?* No more messes in my hubby’s lunch cooler! (*Not applicable to internal compartments created by inserts.)
I love that I can prepare a salad meal the night before and now worry about everything turning into a mushy mess. They are perfect for picnics, road trips or even an afternoon on the ball field.
When you pack your next salad lunch, why not mix up your own, homemade vinaigrette dressing? This simple dressing takes only moments to make and is the perfect serving for one.
Homemade Creamy Vinaigrette
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tb red wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste, or one small garlic clove, grated
- 2 fresh oregano leaves, minced or 1/4 tsp dry oregano
- 2 fresh parsley leaves, minced or 1/4 tsp dry parsley
- 1 fresh basil leaf, minced or 1/4 tsp dry basil
- 2 Tb plain yogurt or mayonnaise
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.