Mulled Apple Cider is a spiced apple cider with orange and warm flavors that are perfect for a cold day, and great for the holidays!
Mulled Apple Cider is a classic cold weather beverage that is perfect for the whole family.
The warm cider is filled with spices and orange slices, and simmered together. Not only is this spiced apple cider beverage delicious, but it makes your whole kitchen smell amazing!
To Make Mulled Apple Cider You Will Need:
- apple cider
- an orange
- cinnamon sticks
- star anise (or ground anise)
- cardamom pods (or ground cardamom)
- allspice berries (or ground allspice)
- Dutch oven or large soup pot
Important: When you purchase your apple cider, make sure that you read the ingredients. There are many varieties of apple cider out there that are filled with preservatives and sugar. There should only be one ingredient in your apple cider: Apples
Note: I include instructions for using ground spices, but the whole are much preferred. Just use the ground if you can not use the whole spices.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Combine the apple cider, spices and orange slices in a large soup pot or Dutch oven.
Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
You May Also Like: Turtle Hot Chocolate & Two More Variations to Warm Your Heart
Mulled Apple Cider
- 1 gallon apple cider, see note below
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 star anise pods, or 1/4 tsp ground anise
- 5 allspice berries, or 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 8 cardamom pods, or 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Combine all the ingredients in a large soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.