Easy and flavorful orzo salad with kalamata olives and garlic.
So the other day I recorded a vlog, and in it I shared my orzo salad that I was having for lunch. I made it the night before and was just “throwing it together” so I didn’t photograph it properly…but I’ve now updated it for you!
- 8 oz orzo
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic oil
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp mint
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives, halved
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- To begin, cook the orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile zest and juice the lemon into a dish.
- Add in the extra virgin olive oil and garlic oil. Whisk together.
- Place the cooked orzo in a serving bowl.
- Pour in the dressing and stir to coat. Sprinkle in the dill, mint and black pepper. Stir it in.
- Finally add in the olives and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 134mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g