Some days you just need a super simple meal, and it doesn’t get much easier than this “one pot” quick skillet tortellini. It’s just as fast as whipping up a batch of spaghetti, but tastes so much better!
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1½ cup water
- 1 package (20 oz.) fresh tortellini
- 5 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- To begin, saute the Italian sausage until browned. Drain off any excess grease if you need to.
- Pour in the marinara sauce, along with the water. (I recommend putting the water in your jar, giving it a quick shake and then pouring it into the skillet. That way you get every last drop of sauce out of the jar.)
- Add in the fresh tortellini. Stir this all together and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tortellini is just cooked. Stir it occasionally. While it cooks, shred the mozzarella cheese.
- When the tortellini is just cooked, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Let it sit for a minute or two, just until the cheese is melted. That’s it!
- Enjoy this simple meal.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 575Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1295mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 33g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.