Some days you just need a super simple meal, and it doesn’t get much easier than this “one pot” quick skillet tortellini. It’s just as fast as whipping up a batch of spaghetti, but tastes so much better!
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1½ cup water
- 1 package (20 oz.) fresh tortellini
- 5 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- To begin, saute the Italian sausage until browned. Drain off any excess grease if you need to.
- Pour in the marinara sauce, along with the water. (I recommend putting the water in your jar, giving it a quick shake and then pouring it into the skillet. That way you get every last drop of sauce out of the jar.)
- Add in the fresh tortellini. Stir this all together and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tortellini is just cooked. Stir it occasionally. While it cooks, shred the mozzarella cheese.
- When the tortellini is just cooked, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Let it sit for a minute or two, just until the cheese is melted. That’s it!
- Enjoy this simple meal.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 575 Total Fat 41g Saturated Fat 17g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 27g Cholesterol 102mg Sodium 1295mg Carbohydrates 18g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 33g