Creamy chicken and vegetables topped with crumbled cornbread is the easiest comfort food you could think of.
This easy chicken dish is made in the slow cooker, and then you top it with some crumbled cornbread. This is a great recipe to make if you have some leftover cornbread from another meal…or make a batch just for it.
You can never go wrong with homemade cornbread!
To make this recipe you will need:
- chicken breasts (or thighs)
- red potatoes
- frozen mixed vegetables
- chicken broth
- black pepper
- mascarpone cheese
- slow cooker
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Watch me make this recipe in the video below:
You really can’t get any easier than this slow cooker chicken and vegetables.
To begin you will simply combine cubed chicken breasts (or thighs), diced onion,
cubed red potatoes, minced garlic, frozen mixed vegetables, chicken broth, thyme, rosemary, basil, salt, black pepper, and turmeric in your slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Stir mascarpone cheese into the mixture and let it melt in.
Mascarpone cheese is very similar to cream cheese. It is super creamy, but does not have the “tang” of cream cheese.
You May Also Like: Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole
If you can’t find mascarpone, you can substitute cream cheese instead.
Serve the creamy chicken and vegetables with some homemade cornbread crumbled on top of each bowl.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Creamy Country Style Chicken and Cornbread
- slow cooker
- 2 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (or thighs), cubed
- 2 c frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 lb red potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 c onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dry
- 1/16 teaspoon turmeric
- 5 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 batch of my Skillet Cornbread Recipe
- Combine all of the ingredients except the mascarpone cheese and the cornbread in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in the mascarpone cheese and let it melt together.
- Serve with cornbread crumbled on top.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.