These easy mashed sweet potatoes are a great side dish and only take a few minutes to make.
Making mashed sweet potatoes really isn’t much different than making traditional mashed potatoes.
To Make This Recipe, You Will Need:
- sweet potatoes
- coconut milk
- black pepper
- vegetable peeler
- sauce pan
- potato masher
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
It is really just a matter of peeling and cubing the potatoes, and then simmering them in some water until tender.
Mash them with a couple other simple ingredients, and that is all you need for this simple side dish.
So simple and so delicious! Sweet potatoes are such a great side dish!Reader Review
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 3 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c coconut milk (canned, full-fat)
- salt & pepper to taste, optional
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut them into 1 inch pieces. Place them in a saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes by an inch or so.
- Bring them to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and place them back into the saucepan.
- Add in the coconut milk and mash them with a potato masher until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if you like.