These easy mashed sweet potatoes are a great side dish and only take a few minutes to make.
Making mashed sweet potatoes really isn’t much different than making traditional mashed potatoes.
To Make This Recipe, You Will Need:
- sweet potatoes
- coconut milk
- black pepper
- vegetable peeler
- sauce pan
- potato masher
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
It is really just a matter of peeling and cubing the potatoes, and then simmering them in some water until tender.
Mash them with a couple other simple ingredients, and that is all you need for this simple side dish.
Sweet potatoes have always been a favorite of mine, from Sweet Potato Casserole to Sweet Potato, Bacon and Spinach Chowder. I’m certain you will love this dish as well.
So simple and so delicious! Sweet potatoes are such a great side dish!Reader Review
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
How to Make Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c coconut milk, canned, full-fat
- salt & pepper to taste, optional
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut them into 1 inch pieces. Place them in a saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes by an inch or so.
- Bring them to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and place them back into the saucepan.
- Add in the coconut milk and mash them with a potato masher until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if you like.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.