Flavorful and filling, this Shortcut Hamburger Soup, made in your Instant Pot, will please even the pickiest of eaters.
This soup recipe takes a couple shortcuts to make meal prep go even quicker.
This past week, something that almost never happens, happened. I actually got sick. I so rarely catch viruses that it really threw me for a loop. And while I did take a couple days to rest and give my body what it needed to recover, I did still want to prepare meals for the family.
So it was my Instant Pot to the rescue. I made several recipes like this soup over the course of the week.
Recipes that are simple, yet good enough to keep everyone filled. And besides, is there anything better than a bowl of comforting soup when you are a little (or a lot) under the weather? I think not.
- Cooking spray
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb red potatoes, diced into 1 inch pieces. (peeling optional)
- 2 tsp garlic paste (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 c beef bone broth (stock, or broth)
- 16 oz. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, press the "saute" button on your Instant Pot.
- Lightly spray the bottom of your Instant Pot insert with some cooking spray.
- Add the onion and ground beef and cook until the meat is browned. Break the meat up with your utensil as it cooks.
- When the meat is browned, press the "cancel" button.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot.
- Press the "soup" button and allow it to cook for 30 minutes.
- That's it! I serve this topped with a sprinkling of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 581mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 46g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.