Flavorful and filling, this Shortcut Hamburger Soup, made in your Instant Pot, will please even the pickiest of eaters.
This soup recipe takes a couple shortcuts to make meal prep go even quicker.
This past week, something that almost never happens, happened. I actually got sick. I so rarely catch viruses that it really threw me for a loop. And while I did take a couple days to rest and give my body what it needed to recover, I did still want to prepare meals for the family. So it was my Instant Pot to the rescue. I made several recipes like this soup over the course of the week.
Recipes that are simple, yet good enough to keep everyone filled. And besides, is there anything better than a bowl of comforting soup when you are a little (or a lot) under the weather? I think not.
- Cooking spray
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb red potatoes, diced into 1 inch pieces. (peeling optional)
- 2 tsp garlic paste (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 c beef bone broth (stock, or broth)
- 16 oz. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, press the "saute" button on your Instant Pot.
- Lightly spray the bottom of your Instant Pot insert with some cooking spray.
- Add the onion and ground beef and cook until the meat is browned. Break the meat up with your utensil as it cooks.
- When the meat is browned, press the "cancel" button.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot.
- Press the "soup" button and allow it to cook for 30 minutes.
- That's it! I serve this topped with a sprinkling of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 577 Total Fat 30g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 14g Cholesterol 134mg Sodium 581mg Carbohydrates 29g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 5g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 46g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.