Put those Christmas candies to a great use with these Cookie Bars dotted with candy cane bits
These Candy Cane Cookie Bars are a fun way to use some of the candy canes that you have around the house this year. If some how you don’t have any, well then you can just take great advantage of those after Christmas candy sales!
These cookies will make you crave a walk through the snow and a mug of hot cocoa. They’re a winter wonderland kind of bar. At least here in Alabama, I can dream of snow.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 1 c 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, or flavoring
- 2 c all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 c milk
- 6 standard candy canes, crushed (about 1/3 c)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. (Or spray with baking spray.) Set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until they are pale and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract. Beat again for just a minute.
- Add in half of the flour, mix in well.
- Mix in the milk.
- Add in the rest of the flour and mix well. Be sure to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Stir in the crushed candy canes. Your dough will be very stiff.
- Spread the mixture evenly into your baking dish.
- HINT: Press the dough down with clean, damp hands. This will allow you to handle the dough without it sticking to you. Alternatively, placing your hand inside a plastic sandwich bag also works.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookie is done the middle and very lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle the top with a dusting of powdered sugar, and cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
This recipe was shared in “Goodie Plan Monday.”