Curried Coconut Chicken is a ridiculously flavorful yet simple meal. It is prepared so quickly, that you can enjoy it any night of the week.
This is truly one of our all time favorite recipes. There’s just something about it. It’s like a quick comfort food…if there could be such a thing.
This is a dish that I have been making for years. Our family has always enjoyed it, and with some very simple modifications, it is easy converted to this paleo-friendly version. I included the changes in the recipe below.
It is served with cooked rice. For the paleo version you use riced cauliflower, which you can prepare any way you like. I prefer it roasted as that seems to give it the best texture. I generally start the “cauliflower rice” before I begin preparing this dish, and by the time the dish is done, the riced cauliflower is already cooked and waiting for it’s companion.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Curried Coconut Chicken
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 14 oz. coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tb fish sauce
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 Tb raw honey, (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp dry cilantro
- 1 lime
- hot cooked rice or riced cauliflower
- To begin, salt and pepper the cubed chicken.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken, pepper and onion together in the oil until the chicken is opaque and the onion and peppers are just tender.
- Add in the chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder, fish sauce, cayenne pepper, honey and cilantro. Give it a stir and bring in all to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer this for about 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice of the lime into the delicious chicken mixture.
- When it is done, serve this with cooked cauliflower rice
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.