In a season of iced and blended coffee drinks, why not indulge in a “no bake” frozen mocha dessert as well?
This dessert starts off with a chocolate cookie crumb & pecan crust, smothered in a rich, creamy mocha filling, and then drizzled with chocolate syrup.
It’s cold, it’s creamy, it’s sublime.
What’s not to love?
And have I mentioned that you won’t have to touch your oven to make this NO BAKE dessert? Win!
- 1 1/2 c cookie crumbs made from cream-filed chocolate cookies (Newman's Own, Oreo, etc.)
- 1/2 c finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 teaspoons plain, unflavored gelatin
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tb hot water
- 1 Tb instant espresso granules
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) Neufchatel cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tb baking cocoa
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c chocolate syrup
- To begin, combine the cookie crumbs, pecans and melted butter together in a small bowl and stir them together.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 dish. I find this is most easily done by putting a plastic sandwich bag over my hand and using my hand to press it down. Set it aside for now.
- (See note below.)
- Combine the gelatin and water in a small saucepan. Give it a stir and let it sit until it thickens. This will not take long.
- Heat the mixture over very low heat, stirring constantly, just until you can see that the gelatin has dissolved. Remove it from the heat, but don't let it sit long enough to set. Immediately begin the next step.
- In your chilled mixing bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream and the powdered sugar. Beat with your chilled wire beater attachment until it begins to thicken.
- With the mixer going, slowly drizzle the melted gelatin into the whipping cream.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Whip at high speed until it is thick and stiffened. Set this aside for now.
- In a small dish, combine the hot water and instant espresso powder and let it dissolve.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Blend in the sweetened condensed milk, baking cocoa and the dissolved espresso powder.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the mixture over your cookie crust, smoothing out the top.
- Drizzle with the chocolate syrup.
- Cover this with plastic wrap or foil, and freeze it.
- Enjoy this creamy, cold dessert at your next party. Or make it for no particular reason other than you love mocha everything. Works either way.
As a short cut, you can substitute the homemade stable whipped cream with an 8 oz. carton of frozen whipped topping, thawed. Simply omit the gelatin, cold water, whipping cream and vanilla extract.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 122mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 3g