How to make delicious “baked” apples in your electric pressure cooker.
You’ll love these delicious (paleo-friendly) apples as a dessert or even breakfast!
This recipe is extremely simple to make. It starts with some cored and wedged apples. There’s no need to peel them unless you really hate apple skins.
Toss those in your Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker, along with some raisins and other goodies.
A few minutes later, you have a wonderful dish. Enjoy this for breakfast or as a not-so-guilty dessert.
Baked Apples (Instant Pot Recipe)
You'll love these delicious (paleo-friendly) apples as a dessert or even breakfast!
- 6 apples, firm, baking apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1/4 c chopped pecans, optional
- 1 c red wine
- 1/3 c raw honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- To begin, arrange the apples in your pressure cooker.
- Sprinkle the raisins over the top, as well as the chopped pecans if you like.
- Combine the red wine, honey and spices in a dish. Pour it over the top of the apples.
- Close your Instant Pot and press the "Manual" button. Set the time to 4 minutes.
- When the cycle has finished, allow the pressure to come down naturally, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the apples in a bowl with some of the liquid and raisins spooned over the top.
For best results, be sure to use a variety of apples that is good for cooking. Softer "eating" apples will get very soft as they cook. They will still taste good, but will not have a great texture.
Serving: 1cCalories: 355kcalCarbohydrates: 71gProtein: 2gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 7mgFiber: 8gSugar: 58g
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Did You Try This?I'd Love For You to Share it on Instagram and tag me! @CosmopolitanCornbread