Paleo Coffee Ice Cream is low-carb, dairy-free and guilt free!
Do you like coffee? Like ice cream? Then you are going to love this Paleo Coffee Ice Cream! It’s the perfect summer treat that is still low-carb and guilt-free.
You really can not go wrong with this ice cream. The first time I made it, I had “the mister” give it a try and a little bit later he was trying to figure out how he could take some with him for lunch at work. He’s not even paleo! Yes, this ice cream is that good.
Just a note about one of the ingredients though. This ice cream calls for a little bit of almond butter. Almond butter for some reason has a way of sneaking in sugar. I have been shocked to see sugar in jars of even “good brands.” One brand in particular made a huge deal on the jar about how good and amazing their almonds were. How they were the best of the best. Then I turned the jar over to discover sugar as an ingredient. If the almonds were so amazing, why do they need sugar?
But as far as this ice cream goes? You can’t get any easier. Just buzz the ingredients together in a blender, pour it into your ice cream maker and let it do its thing.
You won’t regret taking the extra “work” (if you can call it that) to make your own. Now you can enjoy your coffee ice cream all summer long.
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) coconut milk full fat
- 1/3 c organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 Tb almond butter
- 3 Tb instant espresso powder (not ground espresso beans)
- Ahead of making this ice cream, prepare your ice cream maker. See the link below this recipe post for the one I use.
- To begin the ice cream, simply combine all of the ingredients in your blender. Blend until it is frothy.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to your machine's instructions. The machine I use takes 20-25 minutes.
- Spread the frozen (yet still soft) ice cream into a container with a lid. Freeze covered for an hour or so to set up.
Feel free to add some chopped dark chocolate in during the last minute of mixing in the ice cream maker if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g