Lovely lemon coconut muffins with a fresh and light flavor, made with almond and coconut flour.
These muffins are wonderful for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. I also love taking them to potlucks. Since they are gluten-free, I know everyone can enjoy them!
To make your Lemon Coconut Muffins you will need:
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- arrowroot starch
- baking powder
- baking soda
- fine sea salt
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- coconut milk
- coconut oil
- lemon juice
- shredded (unsweetened) coconut
- mixing bowls
- sifter or sieve
- mixer or whisk
- muffin pan
- muffin pan liners
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
You’ll start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with muffin papers. This recipe will make 10 standard sized muffins.
You will want to sift your flour so that they are no lumps. If you don’t have a sifter, a fine metal sieve works just fine.
Simply place your sieve over the mixing bowl, and put your dry ingredients in it, then stir with a spoon. Honestly, even though I have an actual sifter, I find this to be my go-to method. It’s quick and the sieve is easier to clean.
Once the batter is ready, you will scoop it into the muffin pan. I always use a muffin scoop, since it is the easiest way to get the batter evenly distributed.
The cups should be about 2/3 full.
Your muffins will bake for 18-20 minutes or until they spring back when you gently press in the center. Immediately transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Can these Muffins be Frozen?
Yes! Check out my Orange Muffin post where I shared the best method to store and freeze muffins.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Paleo Lemon Coconut Muffins
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 3 Tb arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c shredded unsweetened coconut, (plus extra for sprinkling)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard muffin pan with muffin liner papers (or grease the cups with coconut oil.)
- Sift the almond lour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a medium sized bowl. Set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, whisk your eggs.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the flaked coconut.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, distributing the batter evenly. Each cup should be about 2/3 full.
- Top each cup with a pinch of additional shredded coconut.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes, or until they spring back when you gently press in the center.
- Immediately transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.