Juicy, seasoned chicken, wrapped in bacon and cooked to perfection.
This paleo bacon-wrapped chicken is not only simple to make, but impressive enough for company. I mean just look at it!
When your husband takes one bite, sits back and lets out a sound that is half moan, half laugh and declares something is “ridiculous” – you know you have a winner.
Paired with some simple asparagus that has been sautéed with butter and garlic, and you have the perfect meal.
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 10 slices thick-cut, uncured bacon
- wooden skewers
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small dish, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika. Give them a stir.
- Cut each thigh in half.
- Season your chicken with the seasoning blend, sprinkling it on both sides of the chicken.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around a piece of chicken, and secure it with a wooden skewer to keep it in place. Repeat this with all of the chicken pieces, creating 10 little bundles.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, (I use a cast iron one) cook the bundles over medium heat, until the bacon is browned. Turn them over to brown both sides. Work in batches, about half of the bundles at a times, so that you don't crowd them in the skillet. Set the browned ones on a plate and cover the plate with foil to keep them warm while you brown the others.
- When all of the bundles are browned, arrange them all in your skillet.
- Slide the skillet into the oven and bake these for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. A meat thermometer inserted into the chicken should read 170 degrees.
- When they are done baking, allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before you serve it. That way all of the juices don't run out and cause your chicken to become dry.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 470mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 28g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.