This one pan meal is simple to put together. The lemon and dill give everything a light and refreshing flavor.
This dish takes just over an hour to make, and the hands-on time is very low, so you can make this just about any night of the week.
You’ll love the flavor of this juicy chicken.
- 1 lb new potatoes, washed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c country style Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1/2 tsp dry dill
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- To begin, place the potatoes in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook about 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are just fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly grease a baking dish. I use my good old-fashioned "granny ware" roasting pan. Place the potatoes in the pan. Set the chicken breasts on top of the potatoes.
- Zest the lemon into a bowl, the juice the lemon in to the bowl as well.
- Add in the oil, mustard, thyme, dill, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk these together. Stir in the olives.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees when checked with a meat thermometer.
- When the chicken is cooked through, removed the pan from the oven. Place the dill sprigs in the pan, nestled with the chicken, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe normally serves 4 people. You will notice in the photos that I only used 3 chicken breasts, simply because one of them was "gigantic." You can adjust to suit your own needs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 720mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 41g