Chicken Fried Rice is a delicious supper & done in a flash.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ c diced onion
- 1 c frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 Tb + 1 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 egg
- 2Tb soy sauce
- 3 c cold, cooked rice
- To begin, dice the chicken breasts into ¾ inch pieces.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat a tablespoon of coconut oil over medium high heat. Toss in the onion & chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the vegetables and cover. Cook until the chicken is just cooked through, 2-3 more minutes.
- While it cooks, beat the egg.
- When the chicken is just cooked through, add in the cooked, cold rice and soy sauce. Cook and stir until it is all fairly uniform in color with the soy sauce mixed into the rice. Cook for 2 minutes, until the rice gets a little bit of color here and there.
- Move the fried rice to the sides of the skillet, clearing a space in the center. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil in the cleared space.
- Pour in the beaten egg. Stir and cook until the egg is scrambled and cooked through.
- Once the egg is cooked, mix it into the fried rice.
- That’s it! Serve with additional soy sauce if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 98mg Sodium: 518mg Carbohydrates: 43g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.