Delicious soft cookies with a kick of espresso and chocolate chips. These healthier cookies are paleo-friendly and gluten-free.
I love these tasty cookies because they are simple to make and packed full of flavor. The cookies are sweetened with some coconut sugar. The flours used are tapioca and coconut flour, so they are naturally gluten-free.
To Make these Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies You Will Need:
- coconut sugar
- coconut flour
- tapioca flour
- baking soda
- cocoa powder
- instant espresso powder (not grounds)
- chocolate chips
- mixing bowls
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- cookie dough scoop
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To begin, you’ll preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Add in one egg, along with the yolk of a second egg. Again, beat these until they are nice and fluffy.
Add in your dry ingredients and mix until nice and smooth. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything is combined well.
Stir in some chocolate chips. The brand that I used are Lily’s dark chocolate chips, which are sweetened with stevia.
Scoop the cookie dough by rounded teaspoons onto your prepared baking sheet. I use a scoop so that the cookies are all the same size, but you can use a spoon if you prefer.
Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes.
Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
When I make these, I use two baking sheets so that the second pan can go straight into the oven as soon as the first one comes out.
This recipe makes right about 2 dozen cookies.
Enjoy these chocolate chip espresso cookies with a glass of milk, or maybe a cup of coffee.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 3/4 c tapioca flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 Tb instant espresso (not espresso grains)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 stick (1/2 c) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c coconut sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 c chocolate chips (such as Lily's)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside for now.
- In a bowl, combine the flours, cocoa, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk them together and set this aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the butter and coconut sugar together until they are fluffy.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure all of the ingredients are combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough by rounded teaspoons onto your prepared baking sheet. I use a scoop so that the cookies are all the same size, but you can use a spoon if you prefer.
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.