Maple Walnut Pie is similar to a classic pecan pie, but using rich walnuts and maple syrup. You’ll love the flavor in this dessert!
To begin, you are going to want an unbaked 9 inch pie crust, that is very cold. Put it in your freezer while you prepare the filling.
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs.
Add to those, 1 cup real Maple Syrup
…along with 1 Tablespoon dark rum, 1 teaspoon Vanilla, and 2 Tablespoons melted Butter.
Whisk those together.
Now add in 3 Tablespoons Flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
Whisk them all together until smooth.
Set that aside, and chop up some Walnuts. You will want 2 cups of these.
Put the chopped nuts into your pie crust, and then pour your maple mixture over the top of them.
Place this on a baking sheet.
If you have a crust shield, put it on. Or you can use strips of foil to keep the crust from burning. You don’t have to do this, but sometimes the crust gets a little too done, and this keeps that from happening. Take it off about 15 minutes before the pie is done baking.
Bake for 45 minutes and remove from the oven to cool. The pie will puff up while baking, but as it cools, it will settle back down.
Serve the pie room temperature or chilled.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- 1 – 9 inch, unbaked pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 1 c real maple syrup
- 1 Tb dark rum
- 2 Tb melted butter (unsalted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tb flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the pie crust in your freezer while you prepare filling.
- Whisk together the eggs, syrup, rum, butter and vanilla until well blended. Add in flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the chopped walnuts in the bottom of the crust. Pour the syrup over the walnuts.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet. Protect the edges of the crust with foil strips or a pie shield.
- Bake for 45 minutes, removing the foil/shield 15 minutes before it is done.
- Allow pie to cool completely. Serve room temperature or chilled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you, and helps support running this website.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.