Maple Walnut Pie is similar to a classic pecan pie, but using rich walnuts and maple syrup. You’ll love the flavor in this dessert.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To make this recipe, you will need:
- unbaked pie crust
- real maple syrup
- bourbon, or dark rum
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- pie crust shield
Watch me make this Maple Walnut Pie recipe in the video below:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Whisk together eggs, maple syrup, bourbon, melted butter and vanilla extract until well blended.
Add in all-purpose flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk again until it is smooth, with no flour lumps. Set it aside for now.
Place chopped walnuts in the bottom of the crust.
You May Also Like: How to Make Perfect Pie Crust
Pour the syrup mixture over the walnuts.
Place the pie on a baking sheet.
Protect the edges of the crust with foil strips or a pie shield.
You May Also Like: German Apple Pie
Bake for 45 minutes, removing the foil/shield 15 minutes before it is done.
Allow pie to cool completely. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Maple Walnut Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inch), chilled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon bourbon, or dark rum
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, syrup, bourbon, melted butter and vanilla until well blended. Add in flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the chopped walnuts in the bottom of the crust. Pour the syrup mixture over the walnuts.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet. Protect the edges of the crust with foil strips or a pie crust shield.
- Bake for 45 minutes, removing the foil/shield 15 minutes before it is done.
- Allow pie to cool completely. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
This recipe was originally posted in 2012, and updated in 2021.
5 thoughts on “Maple Walnut Pie (with Baking Video)”
Made this pie after I watched your video. We loved it and my neighbors did too. Thanks for always having such quality recipies.
Sounds really good.
I have been making this type of pie for yrs.I am diabetic and can't use karo syrup because of the sugar in it. This is like my pecan pie only i don't put any booze in it just vanilla and no spice.
Wow, that looks good! I love that you used maple syrup instead of Karo.