Learn how I make perfect pie crust – from the recipe to my rolling technique.
Making your own pie crust doesn’t have to be a daunting task. My pie crust dough is made in a food processor, and turns out perfect every time!
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Watch the video below to see me make my Pie Crust recipe, and learn my tricks to roll and shape the crust.
Once you have learned how I do it, and you make the crust with this recipe, you’ll never want to buy a pre-made crust from the store again.
- How to Make Whipped Cream that Doesn’t Fall
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- My Pie Plates
- Granny Compton’s Butterscotch Pie
- Personal Steak Pot Pies
Looking for some great pie recipes? Click Here to See My Pie Recipes
Freezing Pie Crust Dough
To freeze pie crust dough for later, wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap. Then wrap it again in either aluminum foil or freezer paper. Frozen dough will stay good for up to 6 months.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c (2 sticks) very cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 7-9 teaspoons ice cold water
- Combine the flour and salt in a food processor.
- Add in the cold butter.
- Pulse the food processor until the butter is broken up and the mixture is crumbly.
- Turn on the food processor and drizzle in the water. Add just enough water to make a crumbly dough. If you add enough water for the dough to come together into a ball, you will have dough that is way too wet, and will be tough.
- Separate the dough and form into two disks. Wrap them in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before using.
For a pie that calls for a baked pie crust, use one dough disk.
- Roll it out and form the crust in the pie plate.
- Poke the crust all over with a fork.
- Chill while you preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool and use as needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.