Making your own pie crust doesn’t have to be a daunting task. My pie crust dough is made in a food processor, and turns out perfect every time!
Watch the video below to see my trick for rolling out pie crust! That doesn’t have to be difficult either.
Once you have learned how I do it, and you make the crust with this recipe, you’ll never want to buy a pre-made crust from the store again.
Looking for some great pie recipes? Check out this collection! 30 Pie Recipes
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c (2 sticks) very cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 7-9 teaspoons ice cold water
- Combine the flour and salt in a food processor.
- Add in the cold butter.
- Pulse the food processor until the butter is broken up and the mixture is crumbly. I generally pulse it three times with about 4 second pulses.
- Turn on the food processor and drizzle in the water. Add just enough water to make a crumbly dough. If you add enough water for the dough to come together into a ball, you will have dough that is way too wet, and will be tough.
- Separate the dough and form into two disks. Wrap them in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before using.
For a pie that calls for a baked pie crust, use one dough disk.
- Roll it out and form the crust in the pie plate.
- Poke the crust all over with a fork.
- Chill while you preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool and use as needed.