Often people see fresh pie pumpkins at the market and like the idea of using them, but have no idea how. Learn how to make your own homemade pumpkin puree from fresh pumpkins. It’s easy!
To Watch This on YouTube: CLICK HERE
You May Also Like:
- 1 pie pumpkin, washed
- oil for brushing
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside for now.
- Cut the top off of the pumpkin, removing the stem.
- Cut the pumpkin in half.
- Remove all of the seeds and stringy "guts" of the pumpkin. (If you like, save the seeds to roast later for a great snack!)
- Cut the pumpkin into wedges that are about 3 inches wide.
- Place the wedges skin side down on the baking sheet.
- Lightly brush or spritz with oil. I use extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake the pumpkin for 35-45 minutes, or until they are fork tender.
- Allow the wedges to cool long enough that you can easily handle them.
- Remove the skins from the meaty wedges.
- Place the meat of the pumpkin into a food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Use this in any recipe that calls for pumpkin puree or "solid packed pumpkin."
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.