The other day I posted this ‘”meme” on the facebook page.
And well… I promptly went into my kitchen and baked a batch of pumpkin bread. When my youngest asked me what I was making, my answer was greeted with a cheer of joy.
Yes. Yes Jack, it is that good.
To begin, grease and flour or otherwise prepare 3 4×9 loaf pans. Set them aside.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, combine 3 cups of flour, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tsp baking soda.
In your mixing bowl, start with 4 eggs.
Add in 1/2 cup apple sauce, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil), and 3 cups sugar. Mix those together, then add in 2 cups (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin and 1/4 c water.
Mix in your dry ingredients.
Chop up some pecans and stir them in (about 1 cup or so.)
Pour the batter into the loaf pans.
Bake for 1 hour, or until they test done with a toothpick.
Allow them to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove them and let them cool.
- 3 c flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- ½ c plain apple sauce
- 3 c sugar
- 2 c (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- ¼ c water
- 1 c chopped pecans
- To begin, grease and flour or otherwise prepare 3 4x9 loaf pans. Set them aside. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, ground cloves, allspice, salt and baking soda. Stir together and set aside. In your mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and apple sauce. Mix in the pumpkin and water. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into the 3 loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour or until they test done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then removed and cool the rest of the way.