This delicious Pumpkin Bread has been a family favorite for over two decades. Treat your family to this classic treat!
One day I saw a “pumpkin everything is coming” meme on social media. It inspired me and I promptly went into my kitchen and baked a batch of pumpkin bread. When my youngest asked me what I was making, my answer was greeted with a cheer of joy.
Yes. Yes Jack, it is that good.
This recipe makes three loaves which is extremely handy. Nearly every time I make this recipe, and entire loaf will have vanished before they even cool from baking.
- 3 c flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- ½ c plain apple sauce
- 3 c sugar
- 2 c (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- ¼ c water
- 1 c chopped pecans
- To begin, grease and flour or otherwise prepare 3, 4x9" loaf pans. (See Note) Set them aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, ground cloves, allspice, salt and baking soda. Stir these together and set aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and apple sauce.
- Mix in the pumpkin and water.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into the 3 loaf pans, dividing the batter evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until they test done with a toothpick.
- Cool the loaves in the pans for about 10 minutes, then remove the loaves to a rack and cool the rest of the way.
I coat all of my baking dishes with a mixture that I make and keep in the pantry. Whether the recipe calls for the pan to be sprayed with cooking/baking spray or it calls for it to be greased and floured. Look for my "homemade baking spray replacement" here on the blog.
Nutrition InformationYield 30 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 197 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 25mg Sodium 211mg Carbohydrates 32g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 21g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.