Pumpkin Breakfast Muffins – Hearty muffins with cranberries, pecans and oats, perfect for breakfast!
I simply love making muffins. They are always a favorite here at home, but they are also one of the first things that vanish at a coffee or brunch sort of potluck.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts! I would also love for you to share it on Instagram and tag @CosmopolitanCornbread
- 1½ c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- ⅓ c steel-cut or old-fashioned oats
- 1 c sugar
- ⅔ c pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c orange juice
- ½ c dried, sweetened cranberries
- ½ c rough-chopped pecans
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. This recipe makes about 14-15 muffins. Line your muffin pan with papers to suffice.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger and allspice.
- Stir in the oats. Set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs and extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix those well, and stir in the orange juice.
- Stir your flour mixture into the liquid mixture until combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan, filling the cups about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until they test done in the center with a toothpick. Remove to a cooling rack and cool to room temperature. Enjoy your muffins warm too if you like!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 211mg Carbohydrates: 29g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday