Kielbasa Stew is a rich and creamy stew with delicious flavor.
When I first made this stew, I made it a different way. But since then have changed it up and it is now even thicker and richer in flavor than it was originally.
This stew starts with the basics of diced onion and kielbasa sauteed in a little butter.
Add in a few russet potatoes for some heartiness.
Frozen mixed veggies make this stew and easy one for any night of the week. It is a great shortcut!
Enjoy this thick, rich stew!
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tb butter
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 4 c beef broth
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp parsley
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 Tb cornstarch
- 1 c heavy cream or half & half
- To begin, saute the onion and kielbasa together with the butter in a Dutch oven. Cook until the onion are soft and the kielbasa is slightly browned.
- Add in all of the ingredients except the cornstarch and cream.
- Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until the vegetables are cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk the cornstarch and cream together in a small bowl or right in the measuring cup.
- Increase the heat for the soup and bring it back up to a gentle boil.
- Stir in the cream mixture. Let it cook one minute to thicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 596Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 1658mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 18g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.