Kielbasa Stew is a rich and creamy stew with delicious flavor.
When I first made this stew, I made it a different way. But since then have changed it up and it is now even thicker and richer in flavor than it was originally.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
This stew starts with the basics of diced onion and kielbasa sauteed in a little butter.
Add in a few russet potatoes for some heartiness.
Frozen mixed veggies make this stew and easy one for any night of the week. It is a great shortcut!
Enjoy this thick, rich stew!
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tb butter
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 4 c beef broth
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp parsley
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 Tb cornstarch
- 1 c heavy cream or half & half
- To begin, saute the onion and kielbasa together with the butter in a Dutch oven. Cook until the onion are soft and the kielbasa is slightly browned.
- Add in all of the ingredients except the cornstarch and cream.
- Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until the vegetables are cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk the cornstarch and cream together in a small bowl or right in the measuring cup.
- Increase the heat for the soup and bring it back up to a gentle boil.
- Stir in the cream mixture. Let it cook one minute to thicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 596Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 1658mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 18g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.