Delicious homemade blueberry poppyseed muffins, are a lovely way to start the day.
Pair one of these with a mug of your favorite brew, and you will start off any day the right way.
You May Also Like:
Did you make and enjoy this recipe? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts! I would also love for you to share it on Instagram and tag @CosmopolitanCornbread
Blueberry Poppyseed Muffins with Lemon Glaze
- 3 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c plain apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 lemon
- 4 tsp poppyseeds
- 1 c milk
- 1 c blueberries
- 2 Tb lemon juice, from the lemon
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- To begin, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with papers (2 standard 12-muffin pans), set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, oil apple sauce and vanilla. Mix it until smooth.
- Zest your lemon, and add the zest to the mixture. Reserve your lemon. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture until just combined. Then mix in half of the milk, again until just combined. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and milk.
- Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to be sure that everything is combined, then gently fold in your blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into your muffin pans, distributing the batter evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins test done with a toothpick. They will not get very golden on top.
- If you wish to put the glaze on the muffins, then when they are almost done, combine the glaze ingredients (get the lemon juice from your reserved lemon) in a small saucepan. Bring them to a gentle boil, stirring often until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- When your muffins are done, transfer them to a cooling rack. Brush the warm glaze over the tops of the hot muffins, and let them cool.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.