Delicious homemade blueberry poppyseed muffins, are a lovely way to start the day.
Pair one of these with a mug of your favorite brew, and you will start off any day the right way.
You May Also Like:
Did you make and enjoy this recipe? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts! I would also love for you to share it on Instagram and tag @CosmopolitanCornbread
- 3 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c plain apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 lemon
- 4 tsp poppyseeds
- 1 c milk
- 1 c blueberries
- 2 Tb lemon juice (from the lemon)
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- To begin, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with papers (2 standard 12-muffin pans), set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, oil apple sauce and vanilla. Mix it until smooth.
- Zest your lemon, and add the zest to the mixture. Reserve your lemon. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture until just combined. Then mix in half of the milk, again until just combined. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and milk.
- Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to be sure that everything is combined, then gently fold in your blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into your muffin pans, distributing the batter evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins test done with a toothpick. They will not get very golden on top.
- If you wish to put the glaze on the muffins, then when they are almost done, combine the glaze ingredients (get the lemon juice from your reserved lemon) in a small saucepan. Bring them to a gentle boil, stirring often until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- When your muffins are done, transfer them to a cooling rack. Brush the warm glaze over the tops of the hot muffins, and let them cool.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 198 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 25mg Sodium 96mg Carbohydrates 34g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 21g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.