Buttery cookies with little tidbits of crunchy toffee.
These delicious cookies are the perfect little treats to enjoy with a cup of coffee or a mug of hot chocolate.
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 chocolate covered toffee candy bars, approx. 1/4 oz. each, chopped
- To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set it aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in half of the flour mixture until combined.
- Add in the other half of the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chopped candy bars.
- Scoop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are just lightly golden.
- Slide the parchment paper and cookies onto a cooking rack to cool completely. If you leave them on the cookie sheet or the counter, the bottoms of the cookies will get too soft. Cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
Nutrition InformationYield 42 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 86 Total Fat 3g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 53mg Carbohydrates 14g Fiber 0g Sugar 8g Protein 1g