Buttery cookies with little tidbits of crunchy toffee.
These delicious cookies are the perfect little treats to enjoy with a cup of coffee or a mug of hot chocolate.
- 2½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c granulated sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 chocolate covered toffee candy bars (approx. ¼ oz. each), chopped
- To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set it aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in half of the flour mixture until combined.
- Add in the other half of the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chopped candy bars.
- Scoop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are just lightly golden.
- Slide the parchment paper and cookies onto a cooking rack to cool completely. If you leave them on the cookie sheet or the counter, the bottoms of the cookies will get too soft. Cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
This recipe was shared in Meal Monday.