Super moist quick bread with a swirl of cinnamon and crunchy topping. This is my most popular quick bread recipe of all time.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make This Recipe, You Will Need:
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- loaf pan
- baking spray, flour & shortening, or baking spray replacement
- mixing bowls
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
Please Note: in the video, I accidentally clipped out the part where I add the sugar to the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Please refer to the print version of the recipe down below.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c sugar, divided
- 1 cup + 2 Tb buttermilk
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
For the Glaze
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tsp milk
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease & flour a standard loaf pan. Set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, 1 cup of the sugar & 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Set this aside for now.
- In a separate bowl, or right in your measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, extra virgin olive oil, egg and a teaspoon of vanilla. Give it a quick whisking with a fork to break up the egg. Pour your liquid mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until combined, making sure to scrap the bowl with a rubber spatula to get everything mixed well.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Stir those together. Set aside.
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar over the batter.
- Spoon the remaining batter evenly all over the layer of cinnamon sugar, and then sprinkle with the other half.
- Run a knife through the batter, zigzagging end to end and side to side several times to swirl.
- Bake this for 55-65 minutes or until it tests done in the center when tested with a toothpick.
- Cool the bread in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.
- In a small dish, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk.
- Drizzle it over the top of the bread.
- Serve the bread warm or cool to room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.