Enjoy this thick, and effortless stew tonight!
To begin, turn your oven on to 300 degrees. Now you’re going to start with lots of chopping.
Peel and cut up 2 Parsnips into 1 inch pieces,
2 stalks Celery into 1/2 inch pieces
5 carrots into 1 inch pieces
4 Red Potatoes into 8ths
Dice a large Onion
and Mince 4 cloves of Garlic
In an oven-safe Dutch Oven, heat up a little oil over medium-high heat. Then toss in about 1 lb of stew meat (Round steak cut into cubes, moose, etc. When it comes to “stew meat” I tend to buy whatever is at a good price that week.) Brown the meat in the oil, then turn off the heat.
Add in all of your veggies, along with a can of tomato sauce and a can of diced tomatoes.
Pour in a cup and a half of Beef Broth.
And now for a few seasonings… a teaspoon each of instant coffee granules, Thyme, and Oregano, and half teaspoon of salt…the pepper is for later.
Then you’ll add in a third of a cup of “minute” Tapioca. This lets the liquids in the stew thicken nicely, and effortlessly while it cooks.
Stir it all together, put the lid on, and put it in your oven. Bake this for 3 hours, stirring hourly.
Top with some fresh ground black pepper. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tb Oil
- 2 Parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalks Celery, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 5 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 Red Potatoes, cut into 8ths
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 14 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 14 ounces diced Tomatoes
- 1½ c Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp instant Coffee Granules
- 1 tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅓ c minute Tapioca
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In an oven-safe Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meat in the oil, and turn off the heat.
- Add in all ingredients, except the black pepper. Stir it all together, cover and bake 3 hours. Give it a stir every hour, while it bakes.
- Serve topped with some fresh black pepper.