- 1 lb Stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 8ths
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c beef broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c minute tapioca
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In an oven-safe Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meat in the oil, and turn off the heat.
- Add in all ingredients, except the black pepper.
- Stir it all together, cover and bake 3 hours. Give it a stir every hour, while it bakes.
- Serve topped with some fresh black pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 631mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 32g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.