Making homemade lotion bars is smart, economical and simple!
Homemade lotion bars are something I have made for years now, and they come in especially handy as the cooler temperatures and dry air arrive.
Homemade Lotion Bars
These lotion bars are super quick to make and are wonderful homemade gifts as well.
What You Need:
- 1 cup coconut oil (organic, unrefined)
- 1 cup pure beeswax (Pastilles work best as they are easier to measure and melt.)
- 10-20 drops essential oil (such as lavender or another favorite)
- 1 tsp Vitamin E Oil (optional)
- molds, tins or other containers
How to Make Them:
- Combine the coconut oil and beeswax in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once the oil and wax are melted, stir in the essential oils and Vitamin E oil.
- Pour the mixture into molds, tins or whatever kind of containers you are using.
- Allow the bars to sit at room temperature until cooled.
- Remove them from the molds (if you used them) and wrap or package as you like.
If you don’t have molds, the mixture can simply be poured directly into a tin or other container.
To use your lotion bar, simply rub it between your hands, or if it is in a container, rub your fingers on it, then rub it into your skin. The heat from your hand will melt the surface of the bar, allowing it to spread onto your skin.