Perfectly seasoned and tender Swedish meatballs with a rich and flavorful pan gravy.
Swedish meatballs are a classic dish. Seasoned with things like nutmeg and allspice, you’ll love the flavor that the meatballs and their sauce bring to the table.
The sauce is made from the drippings in your pan, creating a deeply flavored, pan gravy.
And the best part about these, is of course that they are pale, low-carb, and keto friendly! You can serve these with a salad, with some “zoodles” or any way you choose.
For the Meatballs
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 Tb parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 Tb coconut oil
For the Sauce
- 2 c beef broth
- 1 Tb tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg nutmeg
- 2 tsp dry parsley
- To begin, combine the ground beef, sea salt, nutmeg, allspice, parsley and egg together in a bowl.
- Form the mixture into meatballs, about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Cook the meatballs in a large skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally to brown on all sides. If you are using a non-stick skillet, you shouldn't need any additional oil. If you are using cast iron or stainless steel, you may wish to add the coconut oil to the pan before cooking the meatballs.
- Once the meatballs are all browned and just cooked through, transfer them to a platter and set aside for a moment.
- Pour half of the broth into the skillet and use a whisk or wooden utensil to loosen all of the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, whisk them together.
- Return the meatballs to the skillet, nestling them down into the liquid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 480 Total Fat 32g Saturated Fat 14g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 166mg Sodium 642mg Carbohydrates 2g Fiber 0g Sugar 0g Protein 43g