These PALEO brownies are so good, you will absolutely fool your friends and family into thinking that you accidentally made “regular” brownies.
There’s no mistaking how good these are.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
I’ve always been a big baked goods fan. So much so, that I used to refer to myself as a “carbivore.” One of the biggest challenges I have faced since “going paleo” is finding ways to make baked goods that taste as good as they are for you. Now I know, when doing the healthy WOE (Way Of Eating) you don’t really want to have a lot of sweets, no matter how good they are. But everyone needs a treat now and again. When it comes to bread or cake-like recipes, there’s always been one major set-back: texture.
Often low-carb baked goods have a very odd, “eggy” texture that can be very off-putting. These brownies amazingly have a great texture, and my son was completely fooled into thinking they were “normal” brownies. I doubt he has any idea that they are anything otherwise, and that is a good thing. That boy is super picky when it comes to treats. Heaven forbid he think there is any coffee in there! Hehehehe!
This really is probably the best paleo brownie recipe out there. Seriously, you’re gonna love them!
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
“Fool Your Family” Paleo Brownies
- 1 c almond meal/flour
- 1/4 c cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 c raw honey
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 2 oz dark chocolate, such as Nohmad paleo chocolate, chopped into pieces (see shopping section below)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9″ spring form square baking pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cacao powder, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Set it aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, mix together the almond butter, melted coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the dry mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped nuts and chocolate.
- Spray the inside of your baking pan and parchment paper with ghee or other preferred baking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the brownie tests done in the center with a wooden pick.
- Cool the brownies on a rack for 5 – 10 minutes, then remove the spring form side.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into portions.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.