This Paleo Mediterranean Chicken with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh herbs is filled with amazing flavor.
You are going to love the citrusy, fresh flavor in this dish. The chicken is marinated overnight, allowing the herbs and lemon to do their magic.
This recipe is simple to make and can be prepared any night of the week for an outstanding supper.
- 2 whole lemons
- 1 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 1/4 c fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tb fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 Tb fresh thyme, minced
- 1 Tb fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 c jarred, sun-dried tomatoes, drained and diced
- 3 or 4 whole, bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
The Day Before
- To begin, zest and juice one of the lemons, putting the juice and zest in a sauce pan.
- Add the oil, onion, basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, fennel seed, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Heat this over medium heat and cook for about 2 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Stir in the tomatoes and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Place your chicken breasts inside a large zip-lock storage bag.
- Pour the cooled marinade into the bag, press out the air and seal the bag shut. "Squish" the bag around to completely coat the chicken and place the bag inside a dish, in case of leaks.
- Place the dish in your refrigerator and marinate overnight.
To Prepare the Chicken:
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken in a roasting pan, pouring the marinade over the top.
- Cut the remaining lemon into slices and lay the lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. Using a meat thermometer, the chicken should read 165 degrees.
- Allow the chicken to rest 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.