This creamy dessert has the yumminess of ice cream, but no need to make space in your freezer.
This dessert is an absolute guilty pleasure. I don’t make it very often, but when I do, it vanishes in no time. It is a recipe that I got from my grandmother.
The reason I call it a “guilty pleasure” is because it is literally the only thing I make that uses a mix of any kind. I have made a couple alterations from the original that my grandmother gave me, but I really can’t make any more changes than that, or it simply won’t be the same dessert that I grew up enjoying.
Watch this dessert be made here:
Let the dessert chill another half hour in the fridge, and then enjoy!
- 50 Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1 stick (1/2 c) butter, melted
- 1½ c milk
- 2 3.4 ounce packages of vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 chocolate & toffee candy bar (Heath, Skor)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the butter and cracker crumbs in a dish, and press them into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Scoop your ice cream into a bowl and let it sit on the counter while you do the next part.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the milk and pudding mixes until smooth.
- Beat in the ice cream until all combined and smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the crust, and then chill for an hour.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, beat together the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- Spread this over the top of the ice cream dessert.
- Chop up the candy bar, and sprinkle it over the top.
- Chill for another 30 minutes, and ENJOY!
Note - if this dessert needs to last more than a day, I recommend using stabilized whipped cream in place of the regular whipped cream in this recipe. You can find out how to easily make stable whipped cream in my recipe here: https://cosmopolitancornbread.com/stable-whipped-cream
My grandmother made hers with "Cool Whip" instead of real whipped cream. That is an option to, though I prefer the real thing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 55mg Sodium: 176mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g